Delicious bookmarks for November 21st through January 12th:
- Ground Zero: Google Maps and Nuclear Weapons – "This mapplet shows the thermal damage caused by a nuclear explosion.
Search for a place, pick a suitable weapon and press 'Nuke It!'"
- Top 10 Scientific Breakthroughs of 2008 | Wired Science from Wired.com – "Scientists had plenty of reasons to celebrate in 2008."
- SPACE.com — Mystery Roar from Faraway Space Detected – "The signal is measured to be six times brighter than the combined emission of all known radio sources in the universe."
For now, the origin of the signal remains a mystery.
- BBC NEWS | England | Seahorse habitat under threat – Ed Jones for the BBC
- Warren Ellis » Deep Weird Day – "More time passed with more than one human species than without. And, even stranger to me — we forgot all about our sibling species until discovering and comprehending their bones in the mid-1800s. And it’s been a hair over 150 years from then to the first test of an interplanetary internet."