Delicious bookmarks for April 8th through April 14th:
- Time-Lapse Video of Gamma-Ray Sky – "The video shows a soft blue sky aglow with gamma radiation, punctuated by colorful bursts from bright gamma-ray sources. Most of the blazes are aptly-named blazars, galaxies with active nuclei that shoot jets of plasma directly at Earth. "
- Black Rain on Vimeo – "Black Rain is sourced from images collected by the twin satellite, solar mission, STEREO. Here we see the HI (Heliospheric Imager) visual data as it tracks interplanetary space for solar wind and CME's (coronal mass ejections) heading towards Earth. Data courtesy of courtesy of the Heliospheric Imager on the NASA STEREO mission."
- TED Blog: Warp your room (not your mind) with this awesome illusion –
- Warren Ellis » Battlesbridge – "And there’s been generations of mine, too, standing here by the water’s edge, with a cigarette in their hand, watching the Crouch go by. When I stand here, I’m standing with my dad, and my grandad. Nothing between us but years. And you learn, after a while, that years mean nothing at all."
- John Goekler: The Most Dangerous Person in the World? – "Terrorism is an act of the weak. But so is walking through the airport in our socks."