Monday, July 25, 2011
Bookmarks for June 27th through July 25th:
Friday, December 11, 2009
Bookmarks for November 20th through December 11th:
- Maxthon Browser – Full-Featured Browser –
- UK space agency is go | Science | guardian.co.uk – "Britain is to get its own space agency"
- Life in Space: Email from the ISS – People – Dwell –
- Scripturetext.com: Online Multilingual Bible –
- How a Web Design Goes Straight to Hell – The Oatmeal –
- Exclusive SpaceShipTwo unveiling gallery (Updated!) Boing Boing –
- Cyclone Power Press Release EATR Rumors Final 16 July 09.pdf (application/pdf Object) – “We completely understand the public’s concern about futuristic robots feeding on the human population, but that is not our mission,”
You really couldn't make this up…
- symmetry breaking » Blog Archive » First particles collide in the Large Hadron Collider –
- Spirit Rover Wiggles Her Wheels | Wired Science | Wired.com – Nearly six years now Spirit and Opportunity have been up there…
- Marginal Revolution: Jeremy Taylor quotes Richard Wrangham on the domestication of human beings – "I think we have to start thinking about the idea that humans in the last 30, 40, or 50,000 years have been domesticating ourselves. If we're following the bonobo or dog pattern, we're moving toward a form of ourselves with more and more juvenile behavior. And the amazing thing once you start thinking in those terms is that you realize that we're still moving fast. I think that current evidence is that we're in the middle of an evolutionary event in which tooth size is falling, jaw size is falling, brain size is falling, and it's quite reasonable to imagine that we're continuing to tame ourselves. "
- IBM Makes Supercomputer Significantly Smarter Than Cat – 'The model also exhibits "strong scaling," which means that increases in the amount of memory per CPU enable them to run the model faster, so that it will eventually be able to simulate a cortex in real time. '
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Bookmarks for October 14th through November 17th:
- Adobe® BrowserLab – Browser/system comparison with onion skinning. Nice!
- Mystery 'dark flow' extends towards edge of universe – space – 16 November 2009 – New Scientist – "The dark flow appears to have been caused shortly after the big bang by something no longer in the observable universe"
- THE AGE OF THE INFORMAVORE— A Talk with Frank Schirrmacher – "…because we have the Internet, [we are] now entering a phase where Darwinian structures, where Darwinian dynamics, Darwinian selection, apparently attacks ideas themselves: what to remember, what not to remember, which idea is stronger, which idea is weaker."
- Do Anything 021 by Warren Ellis – "Everything is comics. Comics are air. Cave paintings, the Stations of the Cross, the Bayeux Tapestry, woodcut novels, army maintenance guides, airplane safety cards — all comics. Comics are everywhere, the ideoplasmic universe of human culture from its dawn to one second ago and up the line until the sun goes dark. Nothing but words and pictures: but they are what define the way we frame ideas and experiences. They do anything."
- The Waste Land – Gutenberg version
- GoCGR.jpg (JPEG Image, 1134×1512 pixels) –
- ESP_014426_2070.jpg (JPEG Image, 2560×1920 pixels) – Scaled (33%) –
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- First black hole for light created on Earth – physics-math – 14 October 2009 – New Scientist –
- Essay – The Collider, the Particle and a Theory About Fate – NYTimes.com – "the hypothesized Higgs boson, which physicists hope to produce with the collider, might be so abhorrent to nature that its creation would ripple backward through time and stop the collider before it could make one."
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Delicious bookmarks for September 7th through September 16th:
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Delicious bookmarks for July 23rd through July 29th:
Monday, May 19, 2008
Delicious bookmarks for May 8th through May 15th: