Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Bookmarks for August 15th through September 7th:
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Bookmarks for February 18th through March 22nd:
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Bookmarks for December 11th through February 2nd:
- xkcd – Spirit Rover –
- The 10:23 'overdose' event | The 10:23 Campaign | #ten23 – "At 10:23am on January 30th, more than three hundred homeopathy sceptics nationwide will be taking part in a mass homeopathic 'overdose' in protest at Boots' continued endorsement and sale of homeopathic remedies, and to raise public awareness about the fact that homeopathic remedies have nothing in them."
- The Most Relevant Identity Work of the Decade – Brand New –
- Daytrotter: The source for new music discovery and free MP3 downloads from the best emerging bands. –
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- Orson Welles on Privacy, the Passport and Personal Rights | The Januarist – "[The policeman is] there to protect, protect the free citizen, not to chase criminals, that’s an incidental part of his job. The free citizen is always more of a nuisance to the policeman that the criminal. He knows what to do about the criminal …"
- Richard Nash: Book Publishing 10 Years in the Future – mediabistro.com: GalleyCat – "The mechanically reproduced object will have its aura restored in this Age of Digital Reproduction and we'll wish, again, that Walter Benjamin could have seen all this."
- Akinator, the Web Genius –
- Rethinking artificial intelligence – "This time, they are determined to get it right — and, with the advantages of hindsight, experience, the rapid growth of new technologies and insights from the new field of computational neuroscience, they think they have a good shot at it."
- Stack Overflow –
Friday, December 11, 2009
Bookmarks for November 20th through December 11th:
- Maxthon Browser – Full-Featured Browser –
- UK space agency is go | Science | guardian.co.uk – "Britain is to get its own space agency"
- Life in Space: Email from the ISS – People – Dwell –
- Scripturetext.com: Online Multilingual Bible –
- How a Web Design Goes Straight to Hell – The Oatmeal –
- Exclusive SpaceShipTwo unveiling gallery (Updated!) Boing Boing –
- Cyclone Power Press Release EATR Rumors Final 16 July 09.pdf (application/pdf Object) – “We completely understand the public’s concern about futuristic robots feeding on the human population, but that is not our mission,”
You really couldn't make this up…
- symmetry breaking » Blog Archive » First particles collide in the Large Hadron Collider –
- Spirit Rover Wiggles Her Wheels | Wired Science | Wired.com – Nearly six years now Spirit and Opportunity have been up there…
- Marginal Revolution: Jeremy Taylor quotes Richard Wrangham on the domestication of human beings – "I think we have to start thinking about the idea that humans in the last 30, 40, or 50,000 years have been domesticating ourselves. If we're following the bonobo or dog pattern, we're moving toward a form of ourselves with more and more juvenile behavior. And the amazing thing once you start thinking in those terms is that you realize that we're still moving fast. I think that current evidence is that we're in the middle of an evolutionary event in which tooth size is falling, jaw size is falling, brain size is falling, and it's quite reasonable to imagine that we're continuing to tame ourselves. "
- IBM Makes Supercomputer Significantly Smarter Than Cat – 'The model also exhibits "strong scaling," which means that increases in the amount of memory per CPU enable them to run the model faster, so that it will eventually be able to simulate a cortex in real time. '
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Delicious bookmarks for August 6th through August 21st:
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Delicious bookmarks for June 20th through July 2nd: